Wondering if you're clearly communicating expectations and driving outstanding work performance?
Performance management means establishing clear performance standards and creating a culture of providing timely and adequate feedback that further influences the continuous improvement of employees' performance. The key focus of implementation or optimization is to use that process effectively and take it seriously, ie. that it really positively affects decision-making about employees in terms of salary and promotion, employee productivity and communication between managers and employees.
Steps in the implementation or optimization of the process:
- Discussion and research of the needs, expectations and possibilities of the company
- Process development and design – steps, participants, systems and responsibilities
- Implementation of change
- Communication and change management at the organizational level
- Pilot test
- Education through trainings, educational materials and direct support in key points
- Evaluation and plan for further improvements
When should you work on the performance management process?
- You wonder if you are clearly communicating expectations and encouraging outstanding work performance.
- You worry about whether your employees are productive enough, whether their abilities are fully utilized.
- You are not sure that the salary of the employees is aligned with their contribution to the company.
- You suspect that some of your best employees might leave because they feel their contributions are not recognized enough.
- You already have a performance management system in place, but it doesn't deliver results – it's a bureaucratic, time-consuming process.
Other forms of projects in the field of performance management:
- Introducing a segment of process improvement, such as changing the way goals are set or evaluated, introducing calibration panels, etc.
- Support in the implementation of performance management software
- Conducting trainings related to the process or points of the process such as performance evaluation, giving feedback, setting goals, etc.
- Formation of reward criteria based on performance and development of compensation plans and bonus schemes based on performance
- Work on strengthening the continuous management of work performance during the year, i.e. work on developing a culture of continuous feedback
© 2020 People Lighthouse. All Rights Reserved